Powered by Blogger.

The ruffle wrap skirt

I don't know about you, but personally I do not have many skirts in my Summer wardrobe, in fact I don't tend to own many skirts full stop!. I am not sure why that is , perhaps I find it hard to style them and also they don't always sit right on me or are the wrong length.
However, I was determined to get myself a skirt which I did. I found a very cute wrap skirt with ruffles for added effect at Stradivarius. For those of you not familiar with Stradivarius, let me enlighten you. The brand belongs to the Zara family and supposedly caters to a younger demographic than Zara woman, but I recently they have really upped their game and for me I have found many items recently that are very stylish and fashionable for any age and can definitely hold their own campared to the Zara woman range. Also, another positive , the price point is lower and they offer worldwide shipping just like Zara!
Anyway, back to the skirt, what I loved about it was the length, which is quite short, but not show your underwear short and the playful ruffles really sealed the deal for me. Also the wrap waistline means it can be pulled in around the waist and of course it has stripes and we all know how much I love stripes. I think the best way to style something like this is to keep it simple as I would say it is a daytime skirt. I added an old Stradivarius silky top and a vintage belt, a vintage camera bag and some greek leather sandals. I also wore my cat eye sunglasses from Zaful who have a great range of fashionable sunnies at ridiculously low prices.





Skirt Stradivarius ( on sale)  here similar here and here and here
Top :old
Bag and Belt :vintage 
Shoes : greek sandals



The skirt is actually on sale at agreat price so if you like it grab it quick. It also comes in black and a chambray blue if you want a plain colour.

No comments